Monday, June 09, 2008

Down boy

Somewhere between Friday night and Saturday morning, I pinched a nerve in my left shoulder. I woke up in an impressive amount of pain, since all of my sleeping positions aggravated the problem. That said, I took copious amounts of OTC sleep aid, Advil, and one purloined Vicodin and slept 26 hours in two days. It still isn’t healed, but I have movement back and my fingers aren’t numb. Saturday I took to holding my arm at my side, elbow bent to a ninety degree angle. It worked, but it made me feel like Bob Dole. In fact, I even stuck a pen in my left hand and walked around like the former republican presidential candidate. Now, as you read, I have enough dexterity in my hands to type.

I think I caused this by reading 200 pages of “Water for Elephants” while propped on my elbows in bed. Foolish, foolish me.

No comments: