Thursday, February 07, 2008

I should not have left you without a dope beat to step to. My apologies.

Work stuff is hard right now and I feel stifled when I talk about it, which is probably the hardest part, losing my ability to come here and just release. Annoyed. I was out sick last week with a cold I can’t seem to kick. I blame it on this odious man at the gym who hocked up phlegm and ick into tissues WHILE on the elliptical next to me. I know he is the reason I am sick with this superbug, even though we only worked out next to each other for like 15 minutes. I hate that man.

I have my film class this weekend: trilogies. I’ve said it before, there are worse ways to earn college credit than to watch the Godfather trilogy over the weekend. It means that all laundry and homework have to get done tonight and tomorrow, but I need tasks. Without them, I would just play WoW and watch VH1 reality shows all night.

My mother has offered to send Villi and I to France next year for our graduation, which is badass. But it means my French will need to get markedly better before the trip. I need to fall asleep to French with Michel Thomas. Before, I could never listen to things while I went to sleep because of a major failing in the alarm clock industry. It always seemed obvious to me that you would not fall asleep to music at the same volume as you would wake up to it the next morning. I was always supremely annoyed that they never made an alarm clock that accounted for the need for more than one volume. When my old CD alarm clock gave up the ghost two weeks ago, I decided to spend my best buy gift card (plus another I earned in the sale of my redundant desktop) on an iPod alarm clock. It has a volume setting for your alarm and your sleep, so you can fall asleep at a low volume and wake up at a high volume. Lovely. I think I will try to get French ingrained in me while I sleep. I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oohh, definitely take your mom up on her offer, French skills or no. I have a theory that they won't be any nicer to me if I do know their language (hell, Parisians are mean to each other), so what's the point?