Friday, January 25, 2008

Let's hope they don't come back

Today, in the shower, I started thinking about a trivia game we played a while back. One of the questions was which of these words means handsome or attractive. The answer was toothsome, and I was so sad that our team didn’t get that question. Toothsome is one of my favorite words. Then, still in the shower, I started thinking about other words that end in some that I like: winsome, handsome, lonesome. Then, I started thinking about words and phrases that ended in the same sound: martyrdom, kingdom come, broken thumb. Finally, I wrote this little verse.

Try not to look too winsome
As you skate towards martyrdom
It might appear to chatty somes
That it isn’t just for the other ones

I was much more awake and alert than I am most days, but even I was unsure of why all these words were bouncing around in my head today.

I hope you enjoyed your trip through my brain. Don’t forget to experience the fury of…our gift shop

No comments: