Thursday, January 17, 2008

Stuff...continued

I love Margaret Atwood. I am about 100 pages into The Blind Assassin, and I have to read it slowly and really enjoy it. I love her books because instead of culminating with something universally profound, she writes books of small truths. On nearly every page there is something that just knocks me over. I wish I had started reading her earlier in life, but I don't know if I would have liked her as much.

Everywhere I go now, I see boys with layered haircuts, strange back-side parts, and flipped edges. Why does every guy under 25 look like James Spader circa Pretty in Pink? I blame you Zac Efron. Haven't we learned that feathered hair is always a bad idea?

I bought a Polar sports watch that keeps track of my pulse, my time working out, and my calories burned. I bought it as a way to bribe myself to go more regularly to the gym. I thought if I made some sort of game of it, I would last longer. So far it is working. Gadgets = motivation = sad state of affairs.

Mark Morford wrote this very interesting column stating, basically, that if we have to ask ourselves if America is ready for a black or a woman president that we aren't. I'm willing to go him one better. I bet that if Hillary or Obama gets the nomination, they will have low returns in their respective minority group. Knowing what they know, blacks and women, about the inherit bigotry in this country, I guess they will be even less inclined to vote. My two cents.

School starts next week, and I am bummed. I am not ready to go back to class. I just want to play WoW and watch basketball. Sigh.

I think that was about it. Tomorrow is Friday. Yay! Happy Friday, all. Unless it isn't your Friday, in which case, never stop a rockin'.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cat's Eye has been my favorite Atwood so far.

Nacho Enthusiast said...

That will probably be my next Atwood book. Just recently acquired it.