Monday, January 21, 2008

the challenging world of bare-midriffs

Another sign of impending adulthood? I desperately want to be a home-owner. Desperately. Having lived in an actual house, I don't think I want an actual house. I think I want a town home - an end unit if at all possible. I don't want people living over me, but I would like people to shovel my walks. That is my trade off. Buying houses takes money, so I am having to be more fiscally minded (starting the day after I bought my purse and a new laptop).

I got a mailer for an Ing savings account with a $25 bonus coupon. Leslie has commented on her Ing account, and since most of her cons were to do with checking, which I don't want to use, I felt okay with setting up my 4.10 %APR interest savings account. I'm going to try putting away about $100 a month towards a down payment on a house. I'm still really far away from home ownership. But home-buying is like running a marathon; the preparation has to start way in advance or you'll get a stitch in your side on mile two and never finish. Maybe they aren't exactly the same.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you're enjoying your ING account! The checking account did take some getting used to, but I've been using it for a year, and I like it. I have absolutely no complaints about the savings account, though! Congrats on the new goal!