Thursday, January 17, 2008

Stuff

I can’t seem to keep a train of thought for more than a few sentences recently. I have all these ideas of stuff to right about, but I don’t have the patience for it. Instead, I will just be satisfied with many blurbs, like a gossip column in a small-town newspaper. What ‘News at 6’ anchor was seen cozying up to a beautiful blonde at the bar in TGIFridays?

Cable is lovely, but there is nothing more embarrassing than turning off the TV on channel 567, Cinemax East, while something innocuous, like Harry Potter, is on and then turning it back on later, in front of your assembled Christmas party, and seeing the three-way scene in Bikini Pirates. Damn you, cable TV!

When I was a nanny in New York, and had Saturdays and Sundays off, I didn’t like to go into the kitchen because I didn’t like to see the family. Instead, I bought cases of water and granola bars and kept them in my closet. I did something similar in my only (failed) semester at school. This time, though, I kept the quaker low fat chocolate chunk granola bars and added the hunts chocolate pudding (the kind that didn’t have to be refrigerated.) Right now, I eat oatmeal twice a day. I would never think of myself as utilitarian when it comes to food, but I realize that I am very capable of that behavior. It’s one of the weirder things I have realized during my recent period of self-discovery.

Darnell Jackson is my hero. I want to marry him. I will be his most improved girlfriend.

There was more stuff, but I forgot it. I will update it soon. I think.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

In the few years of college when I had my own room but shared a kitchen, I had a similar issue. I would avoid going into the common areas at all costs when I knew they were home. I'd ignore their knocks, wait until I knew they were gone to use the bathroom. Crazy stuff. Anyway, I can relate. I think I'm better-adjusted now. I hope I am.

I hope the hot water for your oatmeal comes to you with as little effort as possible.