Wednesday, January 16, 2008

but i forebear

Last night I bought age-defying body wash. I looked at vita-therapy eye serum. I’m 28. I’m too young to need serums and potions, right? Aging is such an odd thing.

Before Christmas, I bought a pair of shoes to match a brown dress I have. They are brown patent leather pumps with stripes of suede and gold flecked leather along the side. 10 years ago, I would have called them matronly and avoided them like the plague. Now, I think them lovely and sophisticated. I was grasping for a label for this when describing it to Villi last night. She said it was “the material evidence of maturity.” I think that is about right.

I had more to write. I was going to dissect the differences in clothing and shoe choices from high school to now, but I couldn’t find a picture of the swatch wallet with belt chain that I used to carry. So, I scrapped the show and tell.

No comments: