Thursday, January 10, 2008

Papa don't preach; I'm in trouble deep

The purse arrived, and it’s a beaut. I have likened it, both in my head and out loud, to having a child. The purse is financially ruinous and prevents me from going out to eat or drink like a normal adult for a while. I also faced a Madonna dilemma about keeping the baby. I have better ways to spend the money, but when I look into its eyes (my eyes reflected back in the patent leather goodness), I know I made the right choice.

There have been many things I wanted to write about in the last week or so: Darnell Jackson, the primaries/caucuses, possibly Britney Spears, my fears about the future, and self discoveries I have made from watching other people. I find now, that most of the clever or insightful things I would say have floated to the top and evaporated. I will try to be better about updating going forward. I hate when I read back over my blog and find gaps in my life.

No comments: