Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Another one bites the dust

Huzzah! Hangover free on New Year's Day. Happily, the lack of a hangover this morning is in no way indicative of the fun had last evening. It started out slowly with everyone drinking and watching the Flight of the Conchords marathon on HBO. At midnight, we counted down to the new year and popped all of the little party favors we had. The only thing missing? A tiara for me to wear. One that has the year in pink rhinestones or something.

I was having a great time with my friends even before the karaoke started, but that is when the party really got kicking. Mostly, we sang 80s songs. We knew that around three, people were going to head out, so we decided to finish the disk in the player. The last song - That's What Friends Are For. It is sappy, but on New Year's Eve (Day) that song does make you realize that you should keep smiling, keep shining, because you do have people in your life that you can count on. And that IS what friends are for. To them, and to everyone else - Happy New Year.

Going to go kinda light on the resolutions, since I want to try to stick to them. First of all, it will be back to the vegetarian for me this year. I'm a reluctant vegetarian and will probably always have allowances and exceptions in my diet, but I want to take as little from the icky meat industry as possible this year and hope, wistfully, for change.

I have also decided not to drink any calories until my birthday. This includes: juice, soda, milkshakes, sweetened tea, coffee drinks, and, most notably, alcohol. I hope this cuts down on my alcohol consumption, ups my fruit consumption, and eases me from my dependence of foreign Pepsi. I'm curious to see how this goes.

Again, Happy New Year everyone!

No comments: