Friday, June 01, 2007

Shake it, madame. Capital knockers

Always good to open with a Simpson's line. Another work week is over, and I have to confess surprise and delight that I even survived. Some days I just think it would be easier to bum change on a highway offramp. Lawd, have mercy.

"Regrets are a waste of time. They're the past crippling you in the present."

I always loved that line in Under the Tuscan Sun. I'm sure it's true, too. I just can't seem to embrace it. After the long talks earlier in the week, I spent an abnormally large amount of time dwelling on the past...like high school. It really couldn't be a bigger waste of time to wonder about things from 10 years ago. And, believe me, I feel stupid when I do it, but sometimes I just can't shake the feeling that I should have done things differently. I even try to console myself that these changes would make me a totally different person than the one I am today, but I hardly know if that is a positive or a negative. I'm trying to drop this bad habit. I try to remind myself about all of the good things that I have right now. I'm getting better at it; I really am.

P.S. The roasted garlic boca burgers are the grossest things I have ever eaten. Ick.

No comments: