Thursday, May 31, 2007

The Cat in the Hat turns fifty

I'll admit that I have a bit of a girl crush on this friend of a friend, Leslie. Because we are on some of the same distribution lists for gmail, she is listed in my contacts, and once, while she was online, I clicked on the link for her blog. She is the type of person I really truly want to be. She can appreciate art. She has a favorite architect. She's addicted to apartment therapy and post links to the best small apartment treatments. She listens to all of these obscure bands and goes to see them at tiny, little venues. She collects typewriters, a hobby I have been fascinated by since reading "The Girls Guide to Hunting and Fishing." She's the person I would be if I gave up MTV Hits, the platinum cable package, and celebrity gossip. I am going to add a link to her site, but I am not sure where to put here. Is she a friend or a stranger? Maybe I need a third classification for acquaintances.

I took the title of this blog from a puzzle last night on Wheel of Fortune. It further illustrates the sort of garbage girl that I am. *shakes fist* "I AM A WHEELWATCHER!"

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Hey -- I'm glad you chose "friend"! It took me a while to figure out who you were, but I got it from the librarything link, and we've totally met and even played trivia together, so "friend" makes more sense than "stranger" for sure. :) Anyway, thanks for the super nice post! I definitely don't feel that cool by any means. Yeah, not at all. I look forward to reading more of your blog... I think it's awesome that you're a girl in IT who's keeping an eye on gender inequity in general. I say that, but deep down I'm thinking "I'm graduating... and where are my fucking earrings?"