Sunday, June 03, 2007

The head with two thi--I mean the thing with two heads

Since I entered all my books onto librarything.com, I have been debating whether or not to remove my Nancy Drew books from the list. For one, they are really more of a collection than books that I read. Also, having an author cloud with Carolyn Keene (a fictional person)as the main author is a little embarrassing. But, I have decided to leave them. First, because these books define my life as a reader. I started reading them in third grade and kept reading them through middle school. They were the books I spent my allowance and Christmas money on, and the books I bought from the school book fair. I've decided not to feel ashamed about them anymore. Plus, if I remove them from my library, Jennifer Crusie becomes my most prevalent author, and that is indeed shameful.

No comments: