Thursday, May 31, 2007

A most triumphant time

Villi and I have been having lots of our talks lately. Every once in a while we sit down for 2-4 hours of marathon talking. Often, we talk about the state of the world and the things that bother us. Eventually, we make our way to the past and talk about our collective history. During our last talk, Villi told me she wasn't going to read the gossip pages any more. By visiting thesuperficial and perezhilton, she feels we are encouraging this appalling trend of D list celebrity worship. As sad as I was to give it up, I knew she was right. If not visiting a webpage is my way of protesting a society that would elevate Paris Hilton to the current level of demi-god, then sign me up. This choice, however, has left me in a bit of withdrawal. Perusing these websites and checking out celebrities and their cellulite took up about 90 minutes of my day. Now, I'm having a hard time filling that time. You know, without doing actual work. Thank goodness school started, or I would be in big trouble.

I have a bad habit of thinking about something to write about and then forgetting it. My new razr has a voice recorder and a 1 GB micro SD card. I'm going to try to record messages to myself to remind me of things I want to write about. So far, though, all I've recorded are lines like "remember a trashcan."

No comments: