Friday, January 05, 2007

Nothing good on TV

Google is almost magical in its ability to find the strangest things on the internet. Sometimes, I am just amazed at what my search terms return. Today, I was searching for “please stop ringing,” because I was going crazy with the phones ringing (at time of post I’m still going crazy). Google returned a page about bad experiences with CompUSA. Even if you aren’t technical, this post is hilarious.

I purchased a "new" system an Emachine and purchased an extended warrenty. I was told by the sales people that the system would work great for my autocad program because it had 64 megs of ram and a 300mhtz celeron processer and a 16 meg video card. Well when I got the system home and loaded 8 years of work and finacial data on the system. I immediatly destroyed the floppy disks the data was originally on for sucurity puposes. The first time I tried to open the autocad program the computer physcially made a horrible sound and promply began to melt. At least I think it was melting there was a foul smell. Anyway the system shut down on its own. As I waited 15 days to open the box and try my new system which was very critical to me since my bussiness which makes me thousands of dallars a day was now down. I can't believe that compusa's failure of insight from my $600 computer purchase are now costing me thousands of dallors a day I mean this is my only computer to run my entire bussiness on! Nice job compusa! Anyway I took the computer into the store and the clerk who appeared to be like 50 years old asks if he can help me. I explain the situation and he tells me to carry the computer to the tech center window since I bought the compusa warrenty. I go to the counter and ring the bell. After 20 min of ringing the bell finnally someone yells around the corner "please stop ringing the bell we'll be there in a min!".Finnaly he comes and looks at my computer and stares at me. After a min or so in uncomforatable silence I start to explain AGAIN..and he then starts asking me a bunch of questions FULL of jargon with words like "enter key" and "start button" What nerve! what do I look like? bill gates! After much yelling and screaming on my part the system is taken from me for service. As im signing im told my warrenty does not cover backing up data! Compusa should be responible for everyones data! im the customer I don't have time to keep everything backed up im a very busy and important person! After speaking to the manager and getting the same run around I agree to pay for data backup. Now im up to $650 compusa nice job! I wait for 6 months for my computer to be returned calling and calling. I finnally get a nice sales register person to go back into the tech area and see whats happening to my computer.. Its sitting on the finish shelf with a completion date from 2 months ago! Its just been sitting there! I speak to the manger again and yell and yell! They refuse to refund my money but the store agrees to give me a backup software called "quick protect" I have not seen it before. I get home and finnally can put food on my table from working again. I then proceeded to install the quick protect software and a skull and crossbones appear on my screen and since compusa installed a new sound card in my system now the system begins spouting obsenities at my and my family! Then it begins to erase my entire harddrive! I was sharing wireless internet with my next door neibor and it proceeded to erase his harddrive and all the computers on his network! I immediatly called the Compusa and explained the situation to the tech center rep they thought it was somehow "funny". The manager said he would get back to me and its been 2 months with no word and no computer. I may have to file bankruptsy now because of compusas lack of forsight to sell a proper computer with a decent return policy. We must stop compusa they are vindictive and evil and care nothing for the customer!

Holy shit, there is so much wrong with this, I hardly know where to start, but I will try.

First – This post is dated 12/2004. In 12/2004, the OLDEST computer I had at the time, which was built in 2000, was a 500 Mhz Pentium III with 128 MB of RAM. The newest computer I had was 1.5 Ghz P4 with 512 RAM. This guy is buying a new computer with a 300 Mhz processor and 64 MB of RAM? For his work computer? This is just stupid. Added to the fact that this is an E-Machine and we are supposed to believe that this guy makes thousands of dollars a day? If some fucktard decides to buy an EMachine with 64 MB of RAM to run his auto-cad software on, he deserves to have a melt down.

Second – Well when I got the system home and loaded 8 years of work and finacial data on the system. I immediatly destroyed the floppy disks the data was originally on for sucurity puposes. This guy destroyed the data before he even tested the new computer and we are supposed to feel sorry for you? Are you really truly this stupid? If so, please quit lying about how much money you make? People like this make me so angry.

Third - and he then starts asking me a bunch of questions FULL of jargon with words like "enter key" and "start button" What nerve! what do I look like? bill gates! It’s 2004 and you are loading autocad software. You’re telling me you don’t know what the start button and the enter key mean? Again with the “are you fucking kidding me?” This is where I start to feel like this entry may be a joke.

Fourth - a skull and crossbones appear on my screen and since compusa installed a new sound card in my system now the system begins spouting obsenities at my and my family!
Um, ok. That isn’t your sound card; that is a virus.

Fifth - I was sharing wireless internet with my next door neibor and it proceeded to erase his harddrive and all the computers on his network. Um, that isn’t sharing; that is stealing and I bet that neighbor thought twice about letting that asshole on his wireless network.

The more I read this, the more I have to believe this is a clever hoax, but it only appears on one site and the text doesn’t show up anywhere else on google I have to wonder- dear god, is this real? His email address is for a satellite ISP for rural areas, so it is entirely possible that this rube is actually telling the truth.

No comments: