Monday, November 13, 2006

They are all laser guided and I get crazy if you touch them

Saturday night, while playing my favorite party game – Scatagories, I invented a new strain of super chicken. Meet the whycken. The whycken is a teenaged hen who practices Wicca and/or lesbianism. The whycken writes bad poetry about life in a cage. She also takes offense to being told when to lay eggs and believes that all chickens should be free range. It was either invent the whycken or find another farm animal that starts with a W, so whycken it is. I was going to try to be cute and do an MSPaint of the whycken – replete with homemade carry-all, book of angry, feminist prose, and a little satchel of herbs around her neck. However, when I searched for chicken images on Google, I found an image labeled “chicken knickers” and it was a picture of someone standing in underwear with a raw chicken attached to the groin. I was very much traumatized and couldn’t look at another chicken picture.

In other news, and I have been meaning to write about this for some time, what makes Crocs (the hideous shoes) so god-damned special? Why are they granted diplomatic immunity from good fashion sense? I can’t count all of the times I have seen someone dressed in one color and wearing a completely different color of Crocs. People seem to treat all Crocs like they are denim or black. They abuse this belief by matching pink with green or blue with black and white; it is hideous. I’m biased because I dislike Crocs altogether, but the blatant disregard for matching, or even partial coordinating, makes me hate them violently. I really hate it when people wear the back strap up and over the top of their foot, instead of back around their heel. People who wear their crocs like this make me want to punch them in their faces. Bastards!

Nothing much else to update from the weekend. We went over to Yella and Alaska’s house on Saturday to help them decorate their tree. I love Christmas. We will probably setup our tree this weekend and help ChinaCharlie do his in the very near future. Then, the lights will stay up till some time in early February when I finally get tired of seeing the Christmas lights. In order to prepare for this, I had to move the keyboard and the overstuffed chair out of the front room and back into my office. The chair is about 1.3 the size of the whole room and I feel very strange and almost regal when I sit on it, like a queen on her throne. 2-4-6-8 Gooooooooo Christmas.

No comments: