Thursday, November 09, 2006

America's Playground is closed

I started writing this post in my head, while I was getting dressed. I was running late and it was one of those mornings where I was late because I couldn’t fully talk myself into calling in sick. I was getting dressed and I knew I was going to wear brown gaucho pants and brown sandals. Because I was late, I thought “I shouldn’t take the time to switch out my purse,” which would mean I would be carrying my black Coach bag with a brown-centric outfit and I started writing the post in my head as a plea for people not to rush to judgment. I hate when people wear all brown clothing and shoes and carry a black purse, and I was about to become this person. The post was going to be full of self-loathing and sadness that I was reduced to carrying the black bag.

In the end, my words were so effective and my self-esteem so shattered, I took the extra 3 minutes and swapped out my purse, opting for my brown Kenneth Cole. I am a vain and wicked person.

It would appear that the groups’ attempt at spontaneity was squashed by the high price of Vegas travel. As the group as a whole starts to earn more money, we have all become conspicuous consumers. Our love for high end consumer goods has made us all less liquid than we should be. So, no trip. Sigh. I will just have to settle for Oklahoma.

P.S. When I was 10 years old, I actually thought I came up with the Lost Wages slogan. I probably read it on a fanny pack, internalized it and then tried to claim it as my own. My father had to let me down real gentle like.

No comments: