Monday, October 23, 2006

Tackable Surface

It was only as I was eating cold oatmeal and checking back over the site for grammar errors, spelling errors, and sin of pride, did I realize that it had almost been a month since I last posted to the site. I felt very guilty, since I always get annoyed when people don't update their blogs daily. I had an idea of something to write about last night, but I had forgotten it by the time I woke up this morning.

When I got into work, I didn't feel like working, so I carefully unpacked the Campbell's Chunky Soup I brought for lunch this week, and the oatmeal and cherry flavored sparkling water. Then, despite having a mountain of enhancement requests to sort, I went through the spam folder for my inbox to make sure nothing was incorrectly labeled as spam. I noticed all these similar subjuct lines-

Momentous note. You must to read.
Momentous message. You should to read.
Significant letter. You have to read.
Significant letter. You should to read.
Serious message. You should to read.
Significant letter. You must to read.

I've always wondered how spam generators choose subjects and body text that allure people into opening them. There seem to be trends to Spam subjects, like "Significant letter. You have to read" is the hot, new subject and everyone is trying to get on board with their knockoffs.

This is a shitty post, but I am going to submit it anyway, because it is better than nothing and it lets Yella know that I am at least trying.

No comments: