Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Parasite bent on devouring its host

I totally remembered what I was going to post about yesterday, but then forgot. I just got a CD in the mail from the lovely Jenny Owen Youngs who's wonderful song "Fuck Was I" was on Weeds and totally caught my attention. Included with my CD was a pin, a sticker (which I would stick on my trapper keeper if I had one), and a nice little thank you on my paypal receipt. When I purchased a CD from Bonfire Madigan, again I received two pins, a handmade CD case cover and a nice note on the receipt. I love buying CDs from independent artists. They are always so grateful; they always include some little personal touch and you know they are stuffing envelopes and sewing CD cases in their spare time.

So, when does it become okay to steal music? I don't think there is a definite rule for this; it seems more organic. Like a baby bird just knows when to fly, I trust my instincts for when an artist is bloated, awful, and rich enough for me to justify stealing their music.

No comments: