Friday, August 25, 2006

So, what now?

So tonight, I was messing around with Audacity because I have decided that I am, on top of a full time job, full time school, and a resurging home business, going to write and record my own music. I can’t even find matching shoes to wear to work! I wore one black shoe and one brown shoe all day today. I didn’t realize until I was on the elevator and by then, it was too late.

So, anyways, in my own special brand of cart before the horse, I am playing around with the mixing software before actually writing the songs or perfecting an instrument. For fun, I took the first vocal track and raised the pitch several full steps. It sounds like a precocious little girl singing on one of those “most talented kid” contests. You can imagine the little girl, sweet Laura Ashley dress, crooning to the ceiling about love and sex and deceit and making it sound like 4th grade recess. I named the song “Mommy’s Little Darling” as a tribute to stage moms everywhere. It’s better than my first choice of “Patsy’s Patsy.” (Ouch, that’s pretty low, even for me.)

Here you are good people of the internet...or villi and p00per

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for the delicious fried chicken!

~Yella

Anonymous said...

Update your page already. Please? Pretty please? =]

~Yella