Tuesday, September 05, 2006

You just pissed off the wrong mongoloid

Drinks on Friday and Saturday, per usual, were lots of fun (supplying the rant title). You’d be surprised, though, at how much joy an $8 mullet wig can add to the night’s festivities.

Not a whole lot new in my life. I did get summoned for federal jury duty, which one of my co-workers likened to probation. Starting September 29th through November 3rd, I have to call in every Friday and see if I have jury duty the following Monday. Knowing my luck, I will get assigned to some giant tax evasion case and end up doing jury duty through the end of the year or something awful. Denver Federal Court does handle Utah’s federal crimes, so I guess if I was really unlucky, I could get called for the Warren Jeffs’ trial. I’m sure I could summon enough irrational hatred towards fundamentalist Mormons to get excused from that trial. Especially since you know his creepy followers will be there harassing and threatening people and possibly dressing up like native-americans and ambushing jurors. See, the simple fact that I know about the Mountain Meadows Massacre should exclude me from service.

My ear is still humming and hissing and it doesn’t appear to be clearing up. It is a little worrisome, since my hearing is so very important to me. I can’t count all the times a day that I listen to stuff. To lose that ability, or continue on my annoying trend of yelling ‘what’ after everything, would be most frustrating and sad.

No comments: