Monday, August 07, 2006

Killing time and maiming reason

Well, school is over this week and I have still managed to put two assignments off until the very end. One is due Wednesday and should be 10-15 pages long. I haven’t done a lick of it, but I figure some nice looking graphs, charts, tables and graphics and I should only need like 2-3 pages of text, which I could write on the toilet. It would be an appropriate place to compose, because the paper will probably be shit. I have to be careful about claiming to fake data for my paper, lest someone come to this site and realize that my final for technical writing could actually be a final for creative writing because it is fiction, through and through. If so, I guess they can have their diploma back.

I am writing this entry sitting in a chair, leaning against the washer door, to keep it closed while I do laundry. I feel like a hick, except hicks use washboards. Maybe I just feel exceptionally trashy. I get through it by pretending my clothes are the prisoners and if they escape, they will certainly tell General Montoya where the rebels are hiding. This way I feel like I am serving my country and my laundry.

Boy, this isn’t eating up nearly the amount of time of the wash cycle as I hoped it would. I may actually have to do some econ reading if this pace holds up. Apparently, my brain has stopped producing thoughts and ideas as a way to protect myself from myself. If I can’t write stories and waste time, I just might have to do some school reading. Well, either that or start the Harry Potter series over from book one?

Ok, well, I guess I will see you around…later and stuff. Um, take it easy.

In God’s army,

Girl

No comments: