Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Game, Set, Matching His and Her Towels

I totally fucking won! LNT, for whatever reason, has decided to appease me. They won't say that I was right, so my guess is that policy does actually dictate that gift cards cannot be returned by the original purchaser, which is still stupid, but whatever. I get my $150 back.

It's funny, MFS used to be a manager at Target and I think he is deeply offended by my behavior. Apparently, most stores have a policy about accepting returns of gift cards. He gets really quiet and sort of defensive when I mention my battle. I think he feels like I'm the asshole in this situation, and I have no right attacking that manager. I don't really care. Their policy is not well documented and they probably know, legally, that trying to pass off redeem = return in court would be roundly attacked and dismissed.

But, Target knows-

"*e-GiftCards are not redeemable for cash and cannot be returned for a refund."

If the phrase "cannot be returned for a refund" had been on my gift card or receipt, I would have left the store in an embarrassed state and admitted defeat.

No comments: