Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Uh Oh - Baby Luigi Time

GAHHHHH. I am so tired of answering questions. It is very frustrating and I am getting all bitter and annoyed and I spend the day wishing I were home with my doggies, reading a book and drinking some wine. Instead, I get a sore neck and an insuppressible urge to blow up Linens ‘n’ Things.

Did I tell you about my fight against Linens ‘n’ Things? It has consumed my whole world. I purchased a gift card from there about a month ago and have since decided that the amount of the gift card was altogether too much and wanted to return it. I have my receipt that says I paid $150 for a gift card on 7/22 and that I also bought some chairs and tables that day as well. Guess what? They won’t accept the gift card as a return. The stupid bitch manager just kept pointing to the redemption information on the back of the card. “Yes, bitch, I can read, but those rules really apply to the person REDEEMING the card, you whore.” The card cannot be redeemed for cash and I understand that. However, I BOUGHT the fucking card, just like any other piece of merchandise in their store, so I don’t understand why it is subject to its own rules (rules that are not detailed on the receipt or otherwise). I should, as a consumer, have the right to return any product that stops meeting my requirements. I have the documentation (receipt) and the card hasn’t be used, so why can’t I return it and get my money back? Well, LNT has been most uncooperative on this matter, so I decided to kick it up a notch. Since I bought the gift card on my sexy AMEX Gold card, I decided to dispute the charge through them.

I’m hoping that my story, coupled with previous attempts to settle the matter directly with LNT, will inspire American Express to advocate on my behalf. And if not, at least I get to make someone’s life a living hell at LNT for a few weeks.

Just 10 minutes ago, I was starting to wonder if I should have disputed the charge, and was thinking about calling AMEX and cancelling the dispute, but just typing this out and thinking about that smug, fucking manager made me positive that this was the right solution. I will keep everyone posted on how this works out.

Congratulations to Villi for the purchase of her smokin’ hot 2007 Mazda 3. It is a slick little trick; it will serve her well.

No comments: