Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Oh, shut up, Jane Siberry

I’m miserable. I don’t know if I am tired or moody or just in a funk, but I can’t be bothered to do anything: work, school, hygiene, housework. I’m late getting out of bed and slow in the shower. I just have no interest in being a relevant human being. In addition to that, the job has got me down. I’m tired of having to answer questions all day, every day. The customers are bad enough, but I can’t go five minutes without someone yelling a question over my cube wall. Sometimes, they don’t even yell it over, they peak their heads over the wall of the cube, startling me, to ask me questions they should be researching on their own. What if I am picking my nose? Maybe this career path isn’t the right one for me. To quote Will Hunting, “Maybe I don't want to spend my life sitting around and explaining shit to people.”

I’m doing well in my classes while expending 0 effort, so that is awesome. Community College is a lot like high school. I’m so much smarter than everyone that my hastily assembled work is still 15 times better than the work my peers (uh, not really) are submitting. I’m still trying to get straight As this semester to help keep my GPA up, since I actually plan to go to grad school, but I always fall off near the end of the semester and realize that a B will do just fine.

I didn’t really want this site to be about my whiny, self-indulgent complaining. I wanted it to be full of my wry social commentary and insights, but it turns out I am still a mopey 16 year old girl at heart. Young, dumb, and full of…angst? It’s the god-damned sun. I was in a much better mood when it was raining.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lets drown our sorrow in alcohol sometime? Yeah yeah?

~Yella