Thursday, July 20, 2006

Hey Jude

Every time I had a good idea for a post in the last 4 days I was either too lazy or too busy to write about it. It was a strange feeling to be at either a dead run or a dead stop at all times. I didn’t get to meander at all. Like just then. There was a 35 minute break between typing all and like. Work is nutso busy. Home is busy and frustrating, especially now that I have two beagles following me everywhere I go from 5:30 to midnight 4 nights a week. And when I have a moment to myself, it doesn’t occur to me to whip out my laptop and post about stuff cause I all I want to do is crawl into bed with a bottle of wine and sleep till winter.

What I had meant to write about yesterday, until I became perpetually sidetracked, was this-

I hate when I am walking up to a building, 20-30 feet behind the person in front of me, and that person holds the door open for me. At this point, I have to negotiate how much time it will take me to cover the rest of the distance to the door and how quickly I can cover it. Immediately, like when I am walking in a crosswalk that someone wants to turn in, I start doing this awkward half-gallop to the door as to not inconvenience them further. So I get the door, slightly winded, with my shoe falling off and my purse dangling off my arm and I have to thank them for making me react physically and mentally this early in the morning, when all I want to do is punch them in the face. And of course, if I have to make a case that I punched someone in the face for holding the door open, I would look like the asshole. Plus, then I have to share the elevator with this same douchebag and I feel that having the elevator to oneself is a small, but perfect little treasure.

Anyhow, that is all that I really wanted to type about, except to say Happy Birthday to Villi and congratulations on being able to rent a car now. I will see you in like 5 hours to tell you in person, but I don’t want you to think I “fucking forgot your birthday.”

No comments: