Friday, January 08, 2010

Project: Veggies

I'm sort of stealing from Leslie's love letters to the city in picking a project to blog about, but I think having a forum and expectations probably extends the life of any project I take on in the new year by at least a month.

So one of my new year's resolutions is to get my 5 a day veggie servings, as recommended by the government. I won't lie, many of these servings will probably be baby carrots, celery, cucumber, and other familiar crudite with dip. But each week, I will prepare one vegetable I've never made before (even if I've eaten them, like beets). I'll try to make 'em pretty and tasty and let everyone know what I think.

I'm starting off easy this month with swiss chard. When the girls at the book club started talking about swiss chard, without me even bringing it up, it felt like veggie fate, karmacorn? No, that's awful. Well, keep you posted.

No comments: