Friday, November 30, 2007

Wake up; kick ass

I have two alarms that go off in the morning. The first goes off at 6:45 AM. It is my ideal human alarm. If I wake up to this alarm I can exercise, eat breakfast, put on makeup, do my morning toilette, and ensure that I have my shirt on right side out and am not wearing one black shoe and one brown shoe (three times this year).

The second alarm goes off at 7:30 AM. This alarm allows me time to shower, dress, and not much else.

Mostly, I ignore the first alarm. I turn it off immediately and snuggle in for another 45 minutes of sleep. Today, I turned off both alarms immediately and was nearly late to work. Pretty soon I will be strolling in at about 11 AM and sleeping at my desk.

Villi showed me blackle, which is a black screened version of google that should save watt hours. Unfortunately, I only makes a difference on CRT monitors. LCDs show now difference in power output between a white screen and a black screen. It is a terrific idea, but it has come a few years too late. If you are still rocking a CRT, consider switching to blackle for your search method needs.

Still no closer to finished on any of my finals. Why do I do this to myself?

Happy Friday!

No comments: