Wednesday, June 13, 2007

See last post title

I was happy to see the FCC ruling come down on the decency laws. I loves me a good swear word. Not that I watch much network TV, but I disliked Michael Powell as the FCC Chairman, and I dislike Kevin Martin, too. I liked Mark Morford's take on the whole thing.

But maybe that's beside the point. Because as far as Bush's God-spanked FCC is concerned, it is, always and forever, all about protecting the children. Or rather, it is all about protecting some imaginary Christian Everychild, some sort of perfect hypersheltered dovelike organism made of spun glass and delicate bunny hearts and little golden crucifixes, a fragile, blessed thing whose happy, unblemished life had been completely free of blood or spit or pain right up until he overheard Bono say "f--" at the Golden Globes and his precious virgin heart shattered forever.

No comments: