Tuesday, March 20, 2007

05:27:00 AM ENGLEWOOD CO US Out for delivery

More than a year ago, I applied to University of Illinois. I was hoping to be accepted to their online writing program. I filled out the application, wrote my letter of intent and got all my transcripts mailed over. I paid my application fee electronically and the university took my money 2 days later. That was the last time I heard from them. Now, it is 13 months after all of this and when I log into their website, I don’t even have an application on file. I guess this means I didn’t get in. You would think, though, that for $40 they could spare some postage to let me know that I am not accepted. Totally fucking ridiculous. I’m not sure why I’m angry, seeing as I am already half way through my junior year at CU, but I am a little bit bitter that I never even got a rejection letter. It was like they just hit the purge button and forgot about me. Fuckers.

Not having any schoolwork to avoid is weird. It has made me oddly lazy around the house. I don’t want to do dishes or move my clothes out of the washer or anything. I just want to read in bed until I fall asleep, wake up, eat, and then read in bed some more. Maybe it is hormonal. I don’t know.

I have watched like 50 hours of college basketball in the last week, which makes it my part time job, I guess. That is really the only thing that is keeping me going right now and I am pleased at the way spring break lined up. Otherwise, I would fail all of my classes for sure, instead of for likely. It’s only 10.34 AM. That seems criminal.

I was poking through my emails yesterday, trying to find a website for a friend, when I realized I had another still active, technically. I’m used to finding little bits of writing on my computer, saved with a weird file name in a weird folder, but it is even stranger to find this same thing on the internet. Perhaps Villi can help me get amateur nacho up and running (psst, I would like to use wordpress) I can have a comprehensive archive that includes girlgonewrong and franklystacy and all of the other cast offs from my life. Perhaps I can offer a more detailed look at my life, rather than this disjointed one, no matter how apt the metaphor is.

In other news, Jenny Owen Youngs is coming to town in April. She's all blowed up since perez hilton pimped her shit, but I just want to let everyone know that I bought her CD like months ago. If anyone wants to go see her with me, I will buy the tickets.

No comments: