Wednesday, January 17, 2007

So, procrastinate now; don't put it off.

Well, it's back-to-school time, again. That means it's time for me to weigh every single thing I do against school work and choose a winner. And I'll be damned if the winner isn't always "not school work." Right now, I should be reading for my economics class, which will probably be fascinating, since it is about race and gender inequalities in the economy: a topic, since reading The People's History of the United States, on which I consider myself quite the expert. But you know the rules, school work is always the last kid picked for kickball. I would rather clean my house than do homework and wouldn't you know that my laundry got put away for the first time in weeks yesterday.

I have an appointment on Friday to get the car looked at. I am much sad, because I have to take the money I allotted for a new Coach bag to pay my deductible. And really, what is the point of having a dent free car if you don't have a new Coach bag? Some may see my reasoning as faulty, and they would be right, but I really did have my heart set on a new bag and now I will have to wait for another unsubsidized student loan from the government. Reading back that last sentence made me really glad I am not taking some sort of consumer math class where I might be required to balance my check book or confront my spending. I imagine this confrontation as something from a horror movie, with Freddy Kruger as my reckless spending and Jason Voorhies as my buyer's remorse. If the movie were slick and stylized with a sense of humor, I would probably be running in some Jimmy Choos when I fall and twist my ankle and then Freddy would catch up, loom over me, and go to grab me, but instead of killing me, he would grab the shoe off my foot and ask "and just how much did you pay for a little leather stapled to some fabric?"

I guess I will find out on Friday just how out of the question a new coach bag is. For now, I will read some very boring papers on economy.

I hope everyone (2) is doing well. I'm excited about our little dinner out on Comcast this weekend. It should be very fun, especially if Alaska gets drunk and ends up in a fish tank or something!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So did you get a purse, foo? Tell me all about it!

~Yella