Sunday, January 21, 2007

She's sleeping now

Apparently my afternoon nap ran too long and now I can't get to sleep. The sad thing is that I wanted to sleep longer this afternoon, but I didn't, since I wanted to get to bed tonight. Now I'm fucked! I didn't sleep long enough this afternoon to cover being unable to sleep tonight. Damn it!

I had a pretty good weekend. I took the afternoon off Friday, to go get my car estimate done. It seems rather high and the appointment seems rather far out and the estimated time for the repair seems excessive - 3-4 days? Doesn't that seem like a lot of time to replace the fender and put a little nail polish on the hood? I sure think so, but I am not a mechanic, just a girl who slides into other cars in parking lots. After I got my estimate, I went to Microcenter to return a video card that I really thought I needed, but don't. Plus, it was the wrong card. PCI, PCI Express who can keep it all straight? That put a cool $150 back on my credit card; it also shocked me sane about how little I needed that video card. $150? I must have been out of my mind the day I bought it. Oh wait, that was student loan disbursement day, which is always as unbridled for me as the day after Thanksgiving. Granted, my frugality, inspired by the video card, was short lived, since I made my way to Borders next to redeem my $16.00 Holiday Rewards credit which was set to expire at the end of the month. I love buying books and although I know I should shop at independent resellers, Borders is at least a strongly democratic company, so I just let it go. It's not like buying pre-censored books at Wal-Mart or anything. They had a buy two get one free sale going on and since I wasn't get my purse (sorry yella nothing to report there) I got six books from this shelf. Oddly enough, 4 of these books are titles I must have checked out 1,000 copies of at the library. "Reading Lolita in Tehran" and "Wicked" were both very popular titles that I used to mock people for getting. Now, I own them. After Borders, I came home and played WoW for three hours. My paladin is now at lvl 17. I did about 4 minutes of homework, though, to make sure that I didn't have anything to do over the weekend.

Good thing too, because Saturday was pretty busy. First was the Kansas game, which I shall never mention again, and second was Villi's company party (or everyone but me's company party) at the Denver aquarium. The dress code was business to semi-formal, so we had to spend a little time getting gussied up, which for me meant not rinsing the conditioner out of my hair like a retard. I wore cute, but torturous, pointy toed shoes that had me reeling (in pain, not the dance obviously) about half way through the aquarium tour. I did like the small touch of having divers in the shark tank holding signs, welcoming us to the party. I used Villi's drink ticket for a second glass of exceptionally bad Chardonnay and just because I said I would, I will let everyone know this is a $6-7 bottle of wine, retail (Camelot Vineyards). As the night wore on, and the two glasses of wine made me headachy and cranky, rather than silver-tongued and clever, I made Villi and D leave because I was afraid gangrene was setting in on my feet. When I got to the car and took my shoes off, my toes actually orgasmed with relief. Upon closer inspection at home, I realized that my middle toe on my left foot had torn and had been bleeding, meaning that if I had chosen to quote Romy and Michelle's, it would have been true. Alas, I didn't meet any suit salesmen at the party.

I went to bed very early on Saturday, like 11, and woke up early. Instead of doing school work, I finished "You Suck," by Christopher Moore, played WoW for two hours and then fell back asleep at about 12:30. I woke up about 2 hours later and really haven't done a damn thing since. We watched the L Work tonight and it looks like they aren't even bringing Carmen back at all. This is unfortunate. But, I did learn tonight that Lily Tomlin was a lesbian.

Ok, I'm going to try sleep again.

No comments: