Friday, August 18, 2006

The father, the son, the holy ghost - which MC do you like the most?

I believe in the trinity, or at least in the power of the number three. It has always been a deeply superstitious and interesting number to me. New concepts, ideas, and words tend to present themselves to me in threes. After two car accidents, two deaths, or two baroque cathedrals burning to the ground in the middle of the night, I always look for the third occurrence. I am convinced there has to be the trifecta.

Just yesterday, we were likening the level of our employees to the choir of angels. Sales is the lowest choir, or the Ophanim, support and professional services are the second choir, or Cherubim, and the developers are the highest choir of angels, or the Seraphim. We were discussing how to pronounce Ophanim and that is should be just like Seraphim and Cherubim.

Then, last night, Villi and I were watching $40 a Day on the food channel and Rachael Ray went to the CafĂ© Cherubim, but pronounced it cher-OOB-im. It was really funny. I am now just sitting around waiting for the third reference to the second choir of angels to make the series complete. I don’t know how likely that is, this far from Valentine’s Day, but I’ll keep an eye peeled.

No comments: