Thursday, May 28, 2009

Huzzah

The grade I had been panicking about, having not heard anything from my teacher about my research paper, posted on Tuesday.  With that final A, I am officially done with my BA.  The one benefit to this delay is that it allowed me to slowly come to this realization, preventing the predicted meltdown.  Right now, I am in full planning mode for Hawaii, trying to get my suitcase plan just so.  My sister and I have planned the books we will share on the trip.  I still have to buy Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.  I love leisure reading.  I forgot how nice it can be.  I couldn’t get into It Can’t Happen Here.  I’m reading Tender Morsels right now.  “It hovered there behind her at the cliff-edge, laboring to contain its glory.”  I really liked the idea of being so awesome you have to labor to contain your glory. 

 

Turns out NBA goes into June.  It’s a mediocre substitute to college basketball, but it will do.  I miss the 35 second shot clock, the possession arrow, and the lack of continuation.  I was hoping for a Cavs/Nuggets final, but I may switch to Nuggets/Magic, just so that Nike and Vitamin Water lose a bunch of money for backing the wrong horses.

 

I’m going to try to be better about updating.  All the blogs I read have stopped updating. There must be some May malaise happening.

No comments: