Saturday, May 02, 2009

Amor, sei colpa tu

I'm debating, internet, if we have reached that place in our relationship where I can share my poetry with you. I'm thinking no. I mean, I just brought my toothbrush over to your house. I don't want to rush things.

There is this strange, fine line in social networking of how much to reveal about yourself. Some people have no problem exposing themselves completely. I assume these are the same people that assume their cell phone calls in the grocery store check-out lane occur in a vacuum.

I'm making my reading list for Hawaii. I intend to read upwards of a million books in the week I am on the big island. I have forgotten what reading for leisure even is. Yes, anyone who sees my goodreads list knows that I read for fun (or torture if you consider the twilight series), but since school started, it has been stolen leisure. In the back of my mind, I'm always thinking about the other things I should be doing, reading, writing. Once school is out, it is back to pure leisure reading for me, and I am ecstatic!

I'm so excited to read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies! The subtitle is fantastic: The Classic Regency Romance - Now with Ultraviolent Zombie Mayhem! I'm afraid to even buy the book until right before I go to Hawaii. I know I won't be able to resist it. I looked up the author, Seth Grahme-Smith, and found all of his Huffington Post articles. I may be in love!

Speaking of being in love:
I was a Hilary girl when the whole democratic primary started (truth betold, I never really got over Howard Dean), but when Barack Obama secured the election, I jumped right on board and ordered my pins and bumper stickers (really my sister did, but...). I was an Obama supporter but not a fervent admirer. I have to admit that in the last two weeks, I have crossed over to a full-blown Obama junkie. Not just Barack, I love Michelle, too, and I love them together. I don't know if I've ever seen a political couple (hell any famous couple) that seems to be so obscenely in love. Heidi Klum and Seal come close, but I love seeing pictures of them together. I think the pictures the white house released last week have fueled all of this.

Compare-


to this



I remember the day of the inauguration. Chris loaded up the streaming feed to the inauguration, and the rest of my team stood and watched the whole thing. As Barack was being sworn in, I turned to Matt and said, "George Bush isn't the President of the United States anymore." He said, "that's fucking awesome." And it was fucking awesome, wasn't it?

No comments: