Tuesday, April 07, 2009

she'll always be hannah neffler to me

I listened to some of Rilo Kiley's stuff when I first learned that little Jenny Lewis was the lead singer of the group. I wasn't really a fan. I did, recently, download her solo stuff and have been cracked out on that for days. I love most of the songs off Acid Tongue, particularly Godspeed. It's about a friend trying to help another friend out of an abusive situation. Taken at face value, I don't have much in my life to relate it to. Taken a little more metaphorically, I think I know why it has me crying on the highway.

It could also be that I am functioning somewhere near exhaustion most of the time. Now that college basketball is over (BOOO UNC), I have my life back. Just 6 more weeks till graduation, and I've written about 60 words of my 30 page research page. Life is looking good.

I'm going to try to be more dilligent about posting, but I already feel like I live with finger to key.

No comments: