Friday, February 13, 2009

A run down of the last week

Dealt with the layoffs in my own way. Drank vodka, ate chocolate, read trashy books, and ignored the little pit in my stomach that refused to leave me alone.

That Friday, as I was leaving Target and feeling unbalanced, I spotted the Great Clips across the parking lot. I decided to get a haircut. I wanted to remove any temptation to do it myself. I have a weird affliction. When I get it in my head that I need a haircut, I have to have one or else I do it myself. I was wise enough to recognize that I was in no position to cut my hair, so I had a weird guy who smelled like fritos and cigarettes do it instead.

Read the entire twilight series this week. Felt lame about it. They are just not good books, but I got caught up in one of the character and felt compelled to keep going. It was like reading Harry Potter and the only character I cared about was Neville Longbottom. Sort of misses the point?

Now I have to get into academic reading mode and psyche myself up for books like Athena Unbound and Women in Engineering.

Work was okay. I feel better about things now. Thanks for the kind words, all.

No comments: