Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Everything old

I got too drunk at happy hour to go to school. This is my senior semester in my second attempt at college, and this is the first time I have been too busy drinking to go to class.

The earlier, drunker me was going to write about how finally meeting this college right of passage made me feel nostalgic for something I hadn't experienced. I knew there was a big german word for that precise sentiment. I knew I had either read it at Leslie's site or in a Douglas Coupland novel. It was Leslie's site; the word is Blinderflecknostalgie.

Thank goodness for the blogs.

The earlier, drunker me was also going to tell a long, convoluted story about my hideous college roommate and how, on her last night in Colorado, we convinced her that my friend Rich was illiterate. The thought of her helping him read through the bar menu at the pool hall still makes my sides ache with laughter.

Mostly sober now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) I love those German words!! I will be seeing the crafter of such neologisms in a few weeks, and will see if she has any more for us.

Next time, let's drink to friendships cultivated (if not begun) on the internet. Then we can blog about it so the other knows it actually happened.

Nacho Enthusiast said...

It's a deal!

I would raise a toast right now if it weren't 11:57 AM.