Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I got a beard on my hand

I’m not sleeping well. I go to bed between 11 and Midnight. I’m sleepy when I turn out the lights, reading until my eyes get heavy. Without fail, and with no regard the number of OTC sleeping pills I’ve taken, I pop awake between 3:30 and 4 AM and sleep fitfully until 7 AM. I can hardly get up in the morning to go to work. Usually when I am exercising, which I am right now, I don’t have sleep problems, so I am quick to blame this on one of the three new medications my endocrinologist prescribed for my newly diagnosed hypothalamus hypogonadism (previously I had been diagnosed with PCOS). I admit that the 10 year old in me totally snickered at the inclusion of the term “gonad” in my diagnosis. Thank you, Beavis and Butthead. One of my meds, Byetta, I inject into my thigh (the nurse at the office called it my meat, which I found off-putting). Byetta is interesting in that you know it is working if you feel horribly nauseated. One of the benefits of this medicine is that it helps you lose weight. It feels like chemical bulimia, no wonder it helps me lose weight. I’ve spent the first three hours of the last fifteen days feeling like crap, but it’s getting incrementally better.

New York is just around the corner, and I spend my free time picking out restaurants to try. By my count, we will have to eat 19 times in 3 days to hit all of the restaurants I want to visit. I, predictably, have created a spreadsheet to keep track of the optimal times to go to each of the restaurants and to remind myself about making reservations. I’m only truly happy when I can obsess over something. I had to transfer my mania from the Hauppauge HD PVR to the trip because the PVR was driving me crazy.

No comments: