Thursday, October 02, 2008

Do you ever think anything you don't say?

Seriously, do you?

Anyhow, in more pressing news, I answered a call today from a former employer (a former library employer). The call was from a guy who once turned me down for a technical position saying the job in question wasn't entry level, implying that my technical skill set was.

Predictably, he asked to be transferred to technical support, since girls don't do tech support. He also needed to be handheld through an extremely easy upgrade that someone with an advanced skill set should have been able to handle. It took all my restraint not to mention, "I applied for a job with your department when I clerked at that place, but it worked out since I'm now the manager of a support department in a way better work environment." Or at the very least, "I applied for this job while on shift at the library."

No comments: