Tuesday, May 20, 2008

White courtesy telephone

Very busy weekend. I try not to schedule things for all three nights, because I am kinda unsoiciable, but I am really glad I did this weekend.

Friday night, all the kids from work went to Cool River for a wine pairing with the winemaker from Fisher Vineyards. I had saved my $100 for 6 weeks to make sure I could pay (yeah, pay). I was pleasantly surprised when my boss said that dinner was on him. The food was fantastic – five courses. The wine, except for the Chardonnay, was delicious. I can’t afford any of their wines, but I’ll always have Cool River.

Saturday night, I was meeting with the librarians, which is always a blast. We ate pizza, drank beer, and chatted about all manner of political, sociological, and maritime issues – maybe not maritime. We had a great time, and we can’t wait that long to meet up ever again. Perhaps our trivia team, The Imbeciles, can meet up soon.

Sunday night, we were all meeting for Andrea’s birthday at the Traildust steakhouse. We also knew that John was likely going to propose, so we spent the day getting the house in order, so it looked like some place someone might want to be proposed to. The proposal happened, and was accepted, and was a lovely evening for all involved.

Now, I am in planning mode for our crawfish boil in July. Should be lots of fun. I may write about the Phoebe Cates thing, but for the time being, it seems inappropriate. More to come.

No comments: