Tuesday, May 06, 2008

In a world of chaos

I have always been jealous of Villi and the uninterrupted seven year archive that is her life. My blogs have always been scatter shot, poorly conceived, and disconnected. Because of this, and my tendency to purge things from life every so often, I have these gaps in my life where nothing is recorded. It always kinda gets me down, knowing that I don't have a complete record, that there is only half my skeleton for the data archaeologists to pull up.

To be perfectly honest, this all started today when I thought about this fantastic email correspondence I had with this boy about 7 years ago and how it is gone forever. I started to think I should revise my policy on data storage. Even if something is painful, or the writing is painfully bad and causes me embarrassment, I shouldn't just delete these parts of my life. They are still part of me.

So, the semester is almost over and the downtime between semesters always makes me itchy. I usually have to assign myself some giant project to keep myself out of trouble. If I had the money, I would work on my media server, but I am broke-ass broke. Instead, I am going to try to piece together the fragments of my life, pulling my writing for as many scattered archives as possible and uniting them under the unified www.amateurnacho.com

We will see how that goes.

No comments: