Friday, October 26, 2007

The Fall Classic

Although I fell asleep early last night and didn't watch the world series, I had a dream about it. My family had these kick ass seats at Fenway for Game II. I got a foul ball, only by stealing it from some little kids. The ball got stuck in caramel, the cover pulled off and the inside was filled with blue cotton that I turned inside out and stuck in my pocket. I guess the game was alright; I didn't seem to watch much of it.

I was looking for a quote from Miss Manners this morning about dating and came across this one instead - "It is far more impressive when others discover your good qualities without your help."

I really like this. I feel there is far too much shameless self-promotion in this world, today. I wish it would stop.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I am pretty much a big deal.