Monday, August 20, 2007

E tan, e epi tan

Pictures of the garden-








I particularly like the picture of the grass reclaiming the chair and taking it back into the Earth. Plus, we have three pumpkins and my basil is doing fantastic.

Saturday night I cooked dinner for my parents that was heavy on the zucchini. I also made 7 batches of zucchini bread (i added lemon oil and it is fantastic). Then, we watched 300 on DVD, which was impressive on our lovely tv. When Leonidis leaves for war, Gorgo tells him to return with his shield or on it (hence the latin title) and then, later that night while I was reading Gone with the Wind, during the scene when Rhett leaves Scarlett to join the army, Rhett tells Scarlett that now is the time to tell me "to return with my shield or on it." It is stuff like this that makes me realize how not classically educated I am. I don't know jack about Plutarch.

Boo to starting the work week.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Maybe the phrase is just a coincidence? I always like to think that before I doubt my knowledge of anything going on that I don't understand. The chair picture is my favorite, too -- your garden is amazing!