Monday, July 23, 2007

moratorium

Well, I did it. I made it through all 754 pages in one day. In fact, I decided to finish the Half Blodd Prince on Sunday, before I started the Deathly Hallows and I still got it done. Granted, I was up until 3 AM, and I feel like crap today, but I don't have to worry about anyone raining on my parade. It was weird how paranoid I felt all day Saturday. You would have thought the death-eaters were after me. I was afraid to watch any tv channel with commercials or news tickers. I went online once to get a source for a NYT article and saw a link to a Harry Potter article that looked spoiler-rific. I thought about playing some online games, but they have chat windows and I was worried that someone might post something into the chat. At that point, I nearly pulled my cable modem out of the wall and locked myself in the bathroom.

In short, I was cracking up. It's a good thing that it is over. I feel relieved. Now, I think I can go back and read all of the books and maybe pick up on a little more. Sunday felt like a marathon.

Villi was ahead of me for most of the book and would come stomping in, usually red-eyed, demanding to know where I was in the book and indulging in little conversations, although she didn't fully trust herself not to give something away. She and I read the last 4 chapters together. I finished a little ahead of her and tried to guess what she was reading when she would snicker. It was good times.

So, how long till I can post my opinions about the book?

No comments: