Saturday, June 16, 2007

Enjoy your stay

So far, I am really enjoying my Argumentation and Logic class. It is one of two 4000 level classes I am taking this semester and my first foray into senior classes. The teacher for this class is hilarious. She is also teaching my business writing class, and I like logging into my class site just to see if she has written anything. Like this.

Right now: You should be posting on the Week 3 discussion board if you haven't already. You should have your roughest of drafts there, and you should be peer reviewing two other students' roughest of rough drafts. You should be getting responses back from your peers, telling you in painstaking detail of your triumphs and failures, your glories and your humiliations. It's all very casual.

Monday, June 18th (Three days from now! That's practically tonight!): You should submit a more polished draft, but still not the final draft, of your ann bib to the Week 2, Assignment 2 Dropbox.

Thursday, June 21st: You should check in to see if I'm done commenting on your draft so that you can polish it even further. (I am going to try very hard to get these back to you all by Wednesday night.)

Monday, June 25th: You should submit your final draft, which will be the best work of your life, to the Week 4, Assignment 2 Dropbox.

I'm not sure what will happen after that. I suppose we'll all go on, somehow, to experience the small joys and disappointments that an ordinary life offers. And maybe one day, when we are all old and full of regret, we can look back at this time and think, "Oh, yeah. I kinda remember that class.
"

I'm writing my paper about the bookstore model in libraries. Interestingly enough, even though people bitch about the bookstore model in libraries, I am having a hard time finding credible sources (rather than someone's rantings in a blog similar to this one) against it. It's like professionally, public librarians have enough sense to know when a battle is over and a victor declared.

No comments: