Friday, May 04, 2007

I's cwazy...or so the rumor goes

So, I bought a Prius last night. I've been talking about getting a hybrid for a couple of months. I thought I was going to get something a little more sedan-ish, but it occurred to me that if I was getting a car to reduce my carbon emissions, I should get the car that does it the best. Inspired by my need for new shit and my desire to heal the world, I called my bank and said, give me $30,000. I expected them to say no and then I could keep my Jetta and live comfortably knowing that I tried. But they said yes, instantly, and then called me to confirm the loan application. With that in mind, I decided to go "look" at some cars last night. I test drove the Prius and pushed some buttons and after several hours, decided I would get it. They took my Jetta away, gave me the key or fob or whatever the hell I have since I don't have an ignition, and I was free to go.

I'll post more later, after I have some time to play with the nav system and all the buttons. It's pretty sweet. I really like the backup camera.

As a Prius owner, I now have something in common with Cameron Diaz and, god willing, the second will be Justin Timberlake.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cwazy indeed! Congrats on your new car.

~Yella

Anonymous said...

New toys are always fun! Welcome to the navigation club.. :P.. oh ya, good job on the envyroment thingy saving...