Monday, April 09, 2007

Fuck you, pay me.

We went shopping this weekend for all sorts of fun stuff. We were officially out looking for plates for our dining room. It feels like we have been shopping for and replacing stuff in our dining room forever, but I feel like right now, we may actually be done. We got this off-white cafĂ© plates that are well suited to the off-white, frenchness of our dining room. We even got a large serving platter and bowls for stuff. We should be hosting the family’s thanksgiving this year so it’s a good time to start planning for that, at Easter.

At best buy we picked up some new games and stuff and a copy of goodfellas on blu-ray. Since I had never seen the movie, it was decided that we should invite my dad over to watch it post haste. But first, he took us out to dinner. He has recently come into some money which he will not let me borrow or have. He did take us out to dinner, though. For Chinese. Yum.

Watching the movie I felt an uncomfortable pang of jealously watching Lorraine Bracco and Ray Liotta fall in love. I thought, for a brief second, that I might actually want to be married. Then, I realized I just want to be married to a made man. I could do without the cocaine habit, but I would love to be able to ask for stacks of cash.

I was also embarrassed that all of my knowledge about goodfellas was limited to my knowledge of the Ashanti video based on the movie and what I managed to glean from I love the 90s. I’m a loser.

No comments: