Sunday, March 25, 2007

Without sports, there'd be no "next year"

Shut up ESPN!

So, basketball didn't go so hot this season. Even after the essays, posted commercials, veiled threats, open threats, and praying, the Jayhawks have again made an early (not winning the whole fucking thing) exit from the NCAA tournament. Luckily, the game was so comically and painfully awful, I was able to fly through the five stages of grief and get to acceptance with about a minute left to go in the game.

Once I was at acceptance, there was nothing else to do but have some good food and my favorite wine and dance with my friends until the wee small hours of the morning. Plus, I got a belated birthday gift with all sorts of lovely books and a coach wristlet I had been coveting for a while. Thanks for Yella and Boi for that. I am appreciative of the present but more grateful for your friendship.

Now, it is time for sleep. I have to get on my homework fast so I can do boring old chores and gardening this next weekend.

Peace

No comments: