Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Thread Tension Headache

Today, at work, while counting the numerous mental lapses I have had recently, I joked that I must be having a series of mini-strokes that are slowly eroding away my mind. I'm starting to think it isn't a joke (not that strokes are, but you get where I am going).
Every time I move, I decide that I have to get new bedding. I think it is because every time I move, I have to see my ragged, pathetic, abused pillowtop mattress. It looks so sad and dilapidated and I immediately want to give it an extreme makeover. For the second time in five bedroom sets, I decided to make my own. I had been racking my brains about what to make, knowing that the colors were going to be blue and brown, but I couldn't think of anything. I was sitting on my bed, glazing over, when the design came to me. My strokes seem to be affording me some degree of savantness.
I went shopping for the raw materials over the last three weekends and after days of forgetting bobbins, scissors, thread and the like, I finally had amassed what I needed to get started...or so I thought. I started pulling out the king sized sheets destined to be my bedspread and realized that I was trying to sew a fitted to a flat. I'd like to say this was my intention and that it is some kickass new design, but really it's just that I saw the word fitted at Target and read it as flat. I'm losing my fucking mind; one linen at a time.
A side note on the colors of my bedroom- chocolate and light blue are the brad and angelina of deco colors right now, but I just want to note that I was rocking this combo years ago. My old webpage was brown, blue, and canary and I pulled it off like only I can. I have this prescient skill of making things right before they blow up. Bib necklaces? Rocking them a year before titanic. Socks for ipods? Made my own ages ago, bitches! Every slightly quirky thing I do seems to become hot sooner or later, which is hilarious because I am so fat and invisible!

No comments: