Monday, June 19, 2006

I am an amateur nacho

It was the first night in our new house and we had been moving for 6 hours. We were hot and tired and in need of refreshment. At 4 in morning, where else can you go, but 7-11? I was just going to get a Slurpee and I was still trying to get around the switch from Coke Slurpee syrup to Pepsi Slurpee Syrup, when they both taste the same. After the 10 minute process of filling my Slurpee cup, banging the air out, and filling it again, in pursuit of the perfect 90% syrup slurpee, I realized that I needed something salty to counter-balance the 360 grams of sugar I was about to consume. I decided on the nachos. So, I grabbed a large nacho, opened the individually wrapped bag of chips, dumped them back into the tray and proceeded to pour cheese over the top. I finished them off with some pico de gallo and replaced the plastic lid. I paid for my nachos and my Slurpee and drove home.

Only when I opened the nachos up at home and realized that about 70% of the chips had no cheese at all, did I realized that I was no pro at creating 7-11 nachos. I turned to my sister to say so, but reversed the two crucial words, declaring instead-

"I am an amateur nacho."

No comments: